Diverse manufacturer of consumer products worldwide. Manager– International Tax, is a problem solver and comfortable working in all aspects of the International area, including Tax Provision, Tax Compliance, Audits and Research. Primary Responsibilities: FTC / Sub-Part F / Section 861, APB #23 calculations; Legal restructuring assistance; Foreign compliance reviews and audit management; Assist with the resolution of tax issues that arise in the process. Relocation provided.
- Specific expertise in FAS 109 and FIN 48. Have prepared or reviewed Forms 5471 & 8858. Prepared or reviewed US federal income tax return form 1118. APB23 hands-on experience in a complex environment. Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to blend imagination with the proper application of the tax rules. Experience in liquidations/mergers would be a plus.
- Large company corporate tax department experience. Strong accounting and analytical skills; Experience in demanding tax environment; Familiarity with US international tax rules; Experience with developing tax processes and procedures; and experience where a material weakness was overcome
- At least 8 – 15 years’ experience / Numbers-oriented attorney or CPA certification / Master of Science in Taxation (MSTx) preferred
- “Hands-on” experience in calculating FAS109- accounting for income tax provisions preferably with manufacturing companies; and calculating the tax provision for interim periods under FIN18; "hands-on” experience with evaluating uncertain tax positions (FIN48)
- Experience with de-recognition analysis on any uncertain tax positions. “Hands-on” experience with evaluating the need for a deferred tax valuation allowance.
- Experience preparing or reviewing US federal tax foreign information returns (Forms 5471 & 8858) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and tax control testing.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook; and experience with tax return preparation software.